A great brainstorming session can fire up any team. But a lot of them can be real duds. Here are some tips to make yours more successful:
• Set a goal. What’s the problem you want to solve?
• Bigger isn’t better. Invite a handful of folks so the brainstorm doesn’t become diluted.
• Get out of the office. A change of scenery can be inspirational.
• Do NOT schedule the meeting at 3 p.m. on a Friday. Just don’t be that guy.
• Appoint a leader. Brainstorms can turn into free-for-alls without guidance.
• Follow up. Act on what you’ve come up with.
– Natalie Ghidotti, Ghidotti Communications