The arrival of winter weather brings a heightened risk of catching the common cold. The following measures can be taken to avoid contracting the dreaded virus:
• Keep your hands clean. Washing your hands frequently kills bacteria and limits the spread of infection.
• Resist touching your face. Viruses can enter the body through a number of areas on your face so it’s vitally important to limit those opportunities.
• Discard used tissues. The virus can survive in a tissue for hours.
• Disinfect toys. Children and babies are more at risk than adults, and contact with toys is often how the virus spreads.
– Zach Parker, Ghidotti Communications