The Quapaw Quarter is one of Little Rock’s oldest and most historic areas. The name, given in 1961, was bestowed upon the area to honor the Quapaw Indians who lived in the area centuries prior.
As many as fifteen separate districts compose the Quapaw Quarter, including more than 200 individual homes and buildings. Trapnall Hall was among the first of the houses built in 1843 as the home of state legislator Frederic Trapnall and his wife, Martha Trapnall.
Today, many homes from the antebellum and Victorian eras can still be found in addition to several examples of Craftsman-style architecture.
– Alfred Warren, Ghidotti Communications