Spring is here, which means vacation for many homeowners. Whether escaping for a long weekend or jetting off to somewhere tropical, consider these tips to keep your (empty) home safe while away:
• Pause delivery of mail and newspapers.
• Invest in motion sensors and automated lights.
• Utilize smart home security (from security alarms to doorbell cameras).
• Install a Wi-Fi smoke detector.
• Shut off water at the main source.
• Set your thermostat to 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
When in doubt, safeguard your home – and achieve peace of mind year-round – with the right home insurance policy from the experts at RIGHTSURE.
Read more here.
– Hannah Van Sickle, The Arizona 100