Proactive tire care keeps you safe and reduces your carbon footprint by extending the life of your tires.
As the Rubber Manufacturers Association’s Tire Safety Week approaches, here are some tips for extending the life of your tires.
• Check pressure monthly and before long trips.
• Check tires visually for tread wear or damage.
• Ensure tires are properly aligned. Simply hitting a pothole or curb could cause misalignment.
• Rotate tires every 5,000 miles or according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
These simple steps can save you money, keep you safe on the road, and reduce the numbers of tires in waste streams.
– Stacy Ford, Regional Recycling