School is out and summer fun is in for children whose lazy summer days might include a ride on a bike or splash in a pool.
Dr. Jamie Irwin, pediatrician at CHI St. Vincent Hot Springs, urges parents to take important steps to keep their kids safe this summer:
– Closely supervise children in or near water.
– Always stay within an arms’ reach of infants or toddlers in or around water.
– Young children and inexperienced swimmers should use life jackets.
– Put helmets on kids before putting them on bikes.
– Use sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher, and reapply every 30 minutes.
– Aaron Sadler, Ghidotti Communications