The city of Fayetteville is leading efforts to combat climate change. A draft of a city-wide comprehensive greenhouse gas reduction strategy was recently released for public input. The Energy Action Plan consists of the following categories:
1. Buildings: Increasing energy efficiency in new and existing structures.
2. Energy supply: Increasing Fayetteville’s clean energy supply.
3. Transportation: Reducing emissions from transportation activities.
4. Waste: Reducing emissions from solid waste directed to the landfill.
Fayetteville Mayor Lioneld Jordan, along with hundreds of mayors from across the country, also signed a letter committing to uphold goals outlined in the Paris Climate Agreement.
– Sandra McGrew, Ghidotti Communications