For companies, creating a “newsroom” on your website with information for journalists gives media outlets information they need in one convenient place.
A quality online newsroom makes a journalist’s job easier. To get one started for your site:
– Provide a background on the company’s history.
– Add links to up-to-date media coverage and news releases on the site.
– Create a form for journalists to sign up for email news alerts.
– Make sure all social media accounts are linked.
An important key in getting accurate coverage is ensuring that journalists have the facts about your company and what it does.
– Missy Hurley MacFarlane, The Tampa Bay 100