Is your business prepared for a cybersecurity data breach? The Arkansas Better Business Bureau hosted a Cybersecurity Summit to address this important topic in the wake of the Equifax news.
Here’s a crisis communication plan to follow if ever faced with a data breach:
1. Determine your crisis communication team.
2. Take inventory of your data assets and potential risks, conduct and impact assessment and practice simulations.
3. Determine what you must legally disclose.
4. Train your spokespeople.
5. Line up your biggest advocates.
6. Monitor and respond to your social portals 24/7 during the crisis using response message.
– Natalie Ghidotti, Ghidotti Communications