More and more, we hear about cybersecurity breaches where data is accessed by hackers. The most recent in the news include Facebook and Equifax. Sometimes these companies handle their crisis communications well. Sometimes they don’t … at all.
If your company maintains any type of data for your customers, it’s important to have a plan in place just in case a breach happens. If your company falls victim:
• Get IT, legal and PR teams at the same table. Don’t work in silos.
• Be transparent and forthcoming.
• Monitor all of your social media platforms 24/7.
• Don’t just apologize; fix the situation.
– Natalie Ghidotti, Ghidotti Communications