From the stress of pressing deadlines to hours sitting in front of a computer, heart health is not top priority in most workplaces. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in America making it important to incorporate cardiovascular wellness into your office culture. Here are five tips to protect your heart health while at work:
• Take a 15-minute walk at lunch.
• Replace the office candy bowl with fresh fruit and vegetables.
• Skip the inevitably crowded elevator and take the stairs.
• Give incentives to employees who get regular physical exams.
• Reduce stress by listening to music or a podcast.
– Maya Reed, Ghidotti Communications