With homes under $500,000, there could be 10+ competing offers 3-10% over list price. How do you get your dream house?
1. Be clear on what you want; don’t negotiate if you’re unsure
2. Be first to see it
3. Have your broker conduct a thorough market analysis
4. Make an offer at least 1% over list price
5. Avoid contingencies
6. Pay .25% per week in due diligence fees, and minimize diligence period to a maximum of two weeks
7. Have financing in place; offer cash if possible
Ultimately, be the most eager to buy the house.
– Scott Korbin, Coldwell Banker HPW