While some of these laws have been repealed, a few are still on the books:
• In Little Rock, it’s illegal to honk a car horn after 9 p.m. near places that sell sandwiches and cold drinks.
• Atheists cannot testify in court as a witness or hold political office.
• Alligators cannot be kept in a bathtub. (Urban legend or history? It’s unclear.)
• It is illegal to buy or sell blue light bulbs.
• Arkansas must be pronounced as “Arkansaw.”
• Killing any animal in Fayetteville is illegal.
• Dancing was not permitted in dance halls or other establishments on Sundays (prior to 1953).
– Eve Lederman, The Arkansas 100